Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"But I don't own pants!"

Last night, my roommates (all business majors) were prepping me for my first interview in the business world.

After they had quizzed me with popular interview questions and taught me some proper business etiquette, my one roommate asked, "So what are you going to wear?"

Before I could describe the outfit I had envisioned, consisting of a plain yet chic black dress, perfectly draped purple scarf, and leggings, my roommates said, "And you know you can't wear leggings."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

"But I don't own pants!" I responded back in a panic.

"Wear a skirt then."

The sad thing was, I also did not own any business appropriate skirts.

"Let's go look through my closet," my roommate suggested helpfully.

Feeling a bit relieved, we went upstairs where we rummaged through her business attire. She handed me a beautiful suit that was a little big on her (she's much skinnier than me, especially in the hips and butt), and I went back down to my bedroom feeling optimistic.

While the jacket fit fine, the pants would not button.

My situation was growing more dire by the second. I was doomed.

I went to bed not having a clue as to what I'd wear this morning. I woke up early and looked through my closet until I found a pretty, blue, ruffled button-up from H&M, a professional looking, gray jumper from Kohl's, black stockings, and black flats.

I felt business appropriate while still feeling like myself. It was a nice little mesh-up.

Of course, as soon as I got home, I changed into a pair of leggings.

You know, leggings love and all that jazz.

5 comments:

  1. As always, your post made me smile :) I can only hope that your dream job will allow you to wear leggings!! I'm glad you found the right outfit; looks super cute!! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit, Jenna! Good luck on the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so adorable Jenna! And I think your outfit choice was chic and pretty! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks perfect for an interview! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, Jenna, how funny, that you were more stressed out about your outfit than about your interview itself :) How did it go? What job did you apply for?
    That outfit is so lovely, pity you haven't included your head :)

    Have a wonderful day Jenna!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.