It was titled From Notting Hill with Love...Actually.
![]() |
| Such a cute cover! |
Oh, I was so excited.
I received the novel pretty quickly and immediately began to read.
After the first ten pages, I was not impressed. After the next twenty, I was getting bored. Now, over eight pages into it, I really do not care at all about this heroine or her story.
I've literally been stuck trying to get through this chick lit novel for over a week, now! That NEVER happens to me!
I also have that awful mindset of believing I must finish a book if I've started it. And feeling like a failure if I do not follow through.
Has anyone else gotten stuck in a book?
I'm getting ready to set it back on the shelf and move on!

aww that stinks! I feel that way with several that I tried to get into...but now I'm gladly sucked into Hunger Games and Prep is on hold! Oops. :) Don't feel guilty; some books just aren't meant to be be finished.
ReplyDeleteUgh, this books really sounds lame! I must confess, this happens to me too, mainly with Max Gallo, who writes historic romans. I don't know how many times I started his first book and Napoleon and then put it down after 20 pages...there's something about his writing that I really can't bear :)
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Ahh! I'm so glad you feel the same way about finishing a book you've started! I always feel like I need to give it a chance for the author's sake haha
ReplyDeleteHope you get to finish it soon and move on to a good book. Have you read the new Sophie Kinsella yet?
That is the worst feeling ever! I definitely feel the same as you- if I start a book I wanna finish it! I'm that way with movies too...like One Day? That was a painful movie to get through, ahah! Anyway. I feel your pain!
ReplyDeleteNow I know not to pick this one up! I have no problem dropping a book if I don't like it. If I'm not into it by page 20 oh well! Lol!
ReplyDelete