Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Life Resolutions

This Friday, I will move from my campus house to my first grown up apartment. On Monday, I will begin my nannying job, and next Saturday is my official college graduation.

I am feeling super reflective, which is not the best mood to be in for an already introspective person.

I have been pondering big idea such as...what do I really want to do with my life? What kind of person do I want to be? How do I want to live? What will I do to keep my body and soul (yes- I realize how dramatic that sounds) healthy?

Here are my resolutions for my new life ahead.

1. Drink water. LOTS of it. And hope I fill up on the H2O so that I will consequently avoid grabbing that Pepperidge Farm cookie.

2. Write fiction. Write chick-lit. Write the material that truly makes me happy and can bring me one step closer to accomplishing my dream of publishing a novel.

3. Exercise. Every single day. As much as I hate it, I know it really cuts down on my stress levels and is obviously good for my body.

4. STOP STRESSING OUT! It is not helping anything, and I'm getting some wacky blemishes because of it. MUST STOP STRESSING.

5. Try to blog and read my favorite blogs as much as possible. I have been lazy lately and have really cut down on my blogging as well as reading other blogs, and I think it's affecting my mood.

6. Wake up earlier and enjoy more "me" time before my day begins.

7. Live in the moment and stop worrying over the future.

8. Be happy. There is so much I have to be thankful for.

:)

8 comments:

  1. I love your resolutions, and I LOVE that you are getting your first apartment! That's amazing! Will you post pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving 5 and especially loving 6! I usually don't leave for work before 10:30 and I am sooooo enjoying having some "me time"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good goals! :)

    K, answering your comments -

    Maxis look sooo cute worn with wedges! I am pretty tall (5'07"), so I normally can wear them with flats.. but I do have one dress that is so long I have to wear wedges with it. & I love it!

    & Thank you for your compliment on my new header. :) I made it through a program called Paint.net. It is a condensed version of Photoshop. I just kinda looked at blogs that have really pretty headers and took ideas from them for the layout and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new apt! That is so exciting!

    Love your list! I need to work on a lot of the things you mentioned here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your resolutions, especially #1. If only water could ward off Pepperidge Farm products haha! You have so many exciting things happening, congrats on them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your resolutions are great!!! They motivate me a bit so thanks. Good luck with move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great resolutions! Congrats on your first place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to every single resolution you listed! I've been in a reflective mood for a few weeks and I'm asking myself the same questions (plus I avoid speaking to my father about my reflections as much as possible :) I really need to make a similar list and pin it above my desk, to never forget my dreams and aspirations!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.