The temperatures in Cincinnati have been absolutely scorching this past weekend. We're talking the 90s. In MAY.
Let me admit this right now, I hate the warm weather. I could live someplace where it feels like fall and/or winter year-round and be perfectly content.
The heat only burns my fair skin, makes me sweat, and causes my hair to frizz.
I say "no, thank you" to all of the above.
Oh, and the sun gives me a headache.
Yes, I realize what a depressing person I sound like.
![]() |
| What I look like when it's hot. |
It clearly hates us.
I woke up Saturday morning already sweating and practically had tears in my eyes as I struggled to get ready for work. Blow drying one's hair in a 90 degree house is no fun, let me tell you.
I slept at my parents' house that night but decided to come back to my campus place last night. It couldn't be that bad, right? It had probably cooled down some.
No, it had not.
I only slept from about 4AM-8AM this morning before packing my bags back up and returning to my parents.
They were unsurprised to see me back so soon.
Luckily for me, our AC is supposed to be repaired tomorrow morning.
Let's hope and pray that happens. I'm too emotionally fragile for this heat.

I am like you when it comes to summer. I wish it were Fall and Spring like weather all year round.
ReplyDeleteHoping that your AC gets fixed quickly.
I feel your pain. The upstairs air conditioner in my house (where my room is) died on Friday. It has been in the 90s here in NC so I have been spending lots of time on the couch. They are coming tomorrow, thank goodness.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh no...you definitely don't want to be without AC. Hoping that it's fixed soon.
ReplyDeleteI am the same way...I can go all winter without turning on the heat. But no AC??? Ummm noooo ma'am! NOT HAPPENING!!! lol
Ugh no AC sounds awful. The heat this weekend was unbearable. I hope it was able to be fixed!
ReplyDelete