Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The girl who had a love affair with food (oh la la)

Last night, my friend and I went grocery shopping and shared an enlightening lifechat about food.

We both think about food and eating all of the time.

Lucky for my friend, she also is in love with running so she can afford these constant culinary thoughts.

Since I do not particularly like to run miles and miles each day, I have to get a handle on my obsession with food.

I will literally have just finished my lunch and already be daydreaming about what divine meal I will be enjoying for dinner.

When I was little, I would ask my mom what we would be having for dinner at about 1PM.

"You just ate lunch!" she'd exclaim.

Oh, it just did not matter. I was always thinking of food.

In the third grade, we kept gratitude journals in religion class.

Many entries included heartfelt sentiments such as, "Thank you, God, for having my mom make pot roast and potatoes last night. That is my favorite meal."

Seriously.

I am also one of the NON-pickiest eaters you will ever meet. I'll try just about anything, and the only foods I REALLY cannot stand are yogurt and cottage cheese.

Anything else, I'll eat it. And probably absolutely love it and want some more.

My biggest weakness is sweets.
Mouth is currently watering.
Pretty AND delicious food?

I go weak in the knees.

Does anyone else constantly dream of food? I need to get something else on my mind.

6 comments:

  1. sweets are my weakness, too! if i had my way, i'd eat brownies & ice cream all day long. i'm constantly having to reign it in...

    - l

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweets too! I love food too! I always want to eat, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I am always excited about dinner when I wake up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, especially when I'm trying to eat healthy. I literally daydream about hot fudge ice cream brownies! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hello my fellow food addict :) I titally get your point, I've been trying to get my food obsessions under control for years, and then one day I just told myself: "screw it, I love food, so what?", and I started to publish my recipes on my blog :) I have two ginormous binders with recipes, and I would buy just about any food magazine I can lay my hands on. All this to say that I find you absolutely normal, Jenna ;) I just wish we could go for a lunch / diner sometimes!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    Enter my Peerless Charm giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. I literally think about food all the time... and I cook... a lot. :) I can't believe you don't like yogurt! I am a yogurt-loverrrr. I usually eat one a day. I am totally with you on the cottage cheese thing though. It is salty...and mushy... and GROSS!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.