Monday, March 26, 2012

Wrong Number!

This morning, I received a strange text from an unknown number.
Sadly, unlike Sophie Kinsella's latest novel, the person on the other end of this number was not a handsome, successful businessman named Sam.

Sometimes, life is not like a chick lit novel. This was one of those times.

Stranger: Hey Jen! Looks like Ann is going to join us Wed for the measurements. What time shall we meet at Fabulous Bridal?

This was perplexing. No one calls me Jen yet my name is Jenna. And I am in a wedding this coming December. Yet I have my cousin's phone number so why would she be texting me from an unknown number?

Afraid I was forgetting something major, I safely replied back, "I just got a new phone, and my contacts did not all transfer over- I am so sorry but who is this?"

Stranger: It is Beth :)

Okay. Definitely NOT my cousin.

Me: I think you might have the wrong number :/

I hoped my ":/" would show appropriate remorse and sympathy.

"Beth": Huh?

Me: My name is Jenna, and the only wedding I am in is my cousin's at the end of the year.

Had to tell it to her straight.

"Beth": Okay, sorry. I must have an old number.

Me: That's okay! Good luck reaching your friend!

"Beth": Thank you.

And that was that.

6 comments:

  1. haha I love it! Life would be pretty great if it were a chic lit novel for sure! At least you aren't getting called for "stuff"-- I'm one digit off from the county's largest drug dealer. The calls I get are pretty hilarious, but obnoxious at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much enjoyed the picture accompanying this post haha! At least you were polite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad it wasn't a handsome stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud. Wouldn't life be perfect if it was like a good piece of chick lit? I'd probably be engaged to some sexy business man with a desire to finance my shopping habits. Sounds way more fun than studying Shakespeare alone on the weekends, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man Jenna! that's too funny! I totally did that to someone earlier this year- my uncle's birthday was in January and my dad told me to make sure I text him. Well I didn't have his number so I asked my dad for it...he didn't realize he inverted the last two numbers so I sent a great text only to get the reply "there's no greg here." I thought maybe my uncle was playing a trick on me but when I checked the number with my mom I realized the mistake- embarassing!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.