Anyway.
Today, I spent time with one of my oldest friends, Brandon.
Brandon and I go all the way back to the first grade. Age six.
I remember him when he was that bizarre eight-year-old obsessed with the Titanic. He remembers me when I was the girl who cried everyday during math class.
Obviously, we've got some serious history.
We had lunch at Panera where I ordered a salad for once in my life. I'll be honest- I never feel quite fulfilled eating just a salad for a meal. I want something more substantial! But my caesar salad was fine enough.
After lunch, Brandon and I walked down to the park near my campus house, which has an incredible view of the city. We sat on a bench and lifechatted for hours. There was a guy playing the guitar beside us, and it was the perfect sunny afternoon.
When Brandon discovered that I had not read Dr. Seuss' "Oh the Places You'll Go," he insisted on bringing the story up on his phone and reciting it to me.
The guitar player heard Brandon reading and decided to strum along in tune with the words.
Dramatic and wonderful and embarrassing. But mostly wonderful.
We sat out in the sun so long, I actually got sunburned on my left forearm and forehead. Awkward.
| Ouch! |
I think it sounds like the absolute perfect day! It's amazing when people stay friends for so long!
ReplyDeleteI love this! I wish I had a friend for that long! And the fact that the man played along to his reading! Sounds straight out of a movie! :)
ReplyDeleteKind of amazing, right?
ReplyDeleteOh, Jenna, this is such an amazing post! I love it, and I'm so happy that you have a friend like this!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Defintely sounds like a movie scene- what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!! And I don't think the post title is lame, I think that's awesome. I haven't stayed in touch with many people over the years so I'm hoping my college friendships become the forever kind!!
ReplyDeleteAww what a sweet time! Sorry about the sunburn though!
ReplyDeleteI've known my best friend for 19 years (I'm 20). :)
ReplyDelete