| I mean, look at that face! |
My parents said they would keep an eye on it.
"We think it's growing. You should go get it checked out at the vet," my mom told me this Sunday.
Naturally my mind drifted to terrible thoughts, and I spent the next two days worrying about Ellie and her future health.
This afternoon, Ellie and I traveled to the vet's office. The doctor felt the bump and said he was going to have to shave the hair off around it so he could examine the bump more closely.
Ellie was SO GOOD while he shaved the hair off, even when he accidentally nicked the bump and it started to bleed.
What did I do?
CRIED. I literally HAD TEARS in my eyes while this was all happening.
The bump ended up being just an abrasion (at least that's what the vet thinks for now, probably a result of Ellie's adventures in the landscaping), but I left the office a nervous-wreck.
When I retold the story to my mom, tears were running down my face and she told me to get it together.
This may put me out of the path of maternity one day.
I cannot even handle a visit to the vet's office.
Completely understandable. I completely freak out as soon as I think someone it wrong with one of my dogs.
ReplyDeleteI think just the opposite- it will make you a great mother someday because you're loving and kind and care about your pet, and you'll do the same for your children! Just another perspective! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh poor Ellie! When we take my giant black cat (not Papaya, another one) to the vet there's nothing that triggers tears for me because he is such a flirt that he thinks he's supposed to be like shameless for the vet. He purrs the whole time and generally enjoys himself no matter the situation! What a goober! Hope Ellie is better!!!
ReplyDeleteoooh, Jenna, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope she'll be okay, she seems like a strong girl :)
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
I hope she's okay! I would've been tearing up with my dog too. :) My dog rarely does what the vet wants-she's too nervous when she's on the table. She always trying to get off. haha Good for Ellie though! Hope she feels better real soon!
ReplyDelete