When my brothers and I were little, we would set little black pots outside of our bedroom doors on the night before St. Patrick's Day.
In the morning, we would wake up to find our bedrooms completely out of place. Furniture would be flipped upside down and gold glitter would be sprinkled everywhere. Our little black pots would also be filled with green candy and cold coins.
Our parents would tell us that this was all the work of Mickey O'Malley.
I believed that this leprechaun existed until I was about twelve-years-old.
Normal.
These days, my parents still give us St. Patrick's Day gifts, but they now take the credit themselves. Our bedrooms are also left in proper order. No leprechauns are involved.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)
| Some roommates celebrating St. Patrick's Day (a day early)! :) |
So fun!!! Have a great time celebrating!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute! Happy St. Patrick's Day. :)
ReplyDeleteWHat a fun tradition! Hope you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteI love that idea! That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I want to have a leprechaun tradition when i have kids!
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun and adorable! Love the idea of gold glitter sprinkled all around my room :)
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
I have NEVER heard of a tradition like this, but I LOVE it! Seriously sounds SO fun!
ReplyDeleteOh, and clearly I'm a little behind on my blog reading.
This is the cutest thing ever-- I totally want to remember it for my own kids someday!!!
ReplyDelete