I really do lead a rough life, I know.
Below is a little glimpse into our trip.
- My flight from Cincinnati to San Francisco was nearly five hours! I had no idea it would be so long. It was incredibly turbulent, and the woman sitting next to me was wearing the same Diane von Furstenberg scarf. The nerve!
- I nearly cried when I saw Libby and Kelsey. We haven't all been together in over nine months!
- I am not woman enough for those San Francisco hills. I woke up with my calves and lower back sore each morning! Pathetic.
- We quoted "Girls" every chance we got and met a guy who we swore was a ringer for Jessa's husband, Thomas-John (in hindsight, he looked nothing like Thomas-John).
- Alacatraz tours SELL OUT. Who knew?
- A woman working at Bloomingdale's David Yurman counter almost talked us into financing the rings we were lusting after (Only twelve monthly payments of $43! No interest!). We were strong and resisted (well- Lib and Kelsey were strong and helped pull me away).
- We had some of the most amazing dinners, including Indian food at Dolsa and Vietnamese at The Slanted Door. We also got a huge cloud of lemongrass cotton candy for dessert at The Slanted Door- so whimsical and fun!
- Speaking of food, I ate Eggs Benedict a lot. I have no idea why.
- Napa Valley was heaven. I don't know if I've ever had a more magical day. The vineyards were breathtaking. The wine was exquisite. I felt like I didn't have a care in the world. Unfortunately, I never caught sight of Nick Parker. I suppose he was off with Elizabeth James and the girls!
- I already miss Libby and Kelsey terribly.
Thank you for such a wonderful weekend, San Francisco! You were a beautiful, friendly, and clean city (seriously- so clean), and I am already looking forward to my next visit!
Libby and Kelsey- I love you both so very much and cannot wait for our next adventure!
Oh this is such a wonderful and uplifting post, Jenna! I loved reading about your adventures, and I'm so happy that you enjoyed your trip this much! You definitely deserved it! I've never been to California, so if ever I get the chance to visit San Fran, I want you as my guide!
ReplyDeleteHope you are well, sweetie!
xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
So fun. Looks like you had a lovely trip. So jealous you went to slanted door. You were in my hood!
ReplyDeletethis looks like such a great trip! makes me want to go to San Fran so much! i need to visit!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time! I want some of that cotton candy!!
ReplyDeleteWe need to start an email chain discussing the next city.. :)
ReplyDelete