As I know I've mentioned numerous times before, Ben is my ex-boyfriend turned best friend.
We are truly a real life Will and Grace. Minus the engagement. But definitely including the months of not speaking following the "I'm gay" discussion.
![]() |
| via |
There is no one I am closer to than Ben, and I don't think there is anyone I am more honest with.
Last Saturday, I called Ben to see if he was coming to my upcoming tea party (No, not like the political group...like a legit tea party where people are going to wear floppy hats and brunch).
"Sorry, but I'm going to be in Columbus," he replied.
"What? You're going to miss my tea party?" I said, growing irrationally upset. "You're my best friend! How can you not come to my tea party?"
"I'm sorry." I could just imagine him shrugging his shoulders apologetically. "But I really can't make it."
Taking the mature route, I angrily pressed the "End" button on my fancy Bluetooth screen and stewed in self-pity.
Ha! I thought. I didn't even tell him goodbye!
We went without talking until he called late Sunday afternoon.
"Can I come over?" he asked.
"Umm...okay. Fine." I was still bitter. "Don't forget my season one of Girls."
After the two minute walk between our apartments, Ben showed up with a gorgeous tin of Teavana tea.
"Since I can't make it to your tea party, I bought you this," he smiled.
Seriously.
I have no idea what I did to deserve such a friend.
Thank you for always being there for me, Ben, and for putting up with all of my ridiculous moods.
You will always be the Will to my Grace!

cutest story ever! I love Will and Grace.. but I love you guys both even more now! And a tea party? Girl.. I'm so there. Even if I have to catch a plane! LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet guy! And Ben really does look like a more attractive version of Will! ha!
ReplyDeleteSweet and cute! Lucky to have a great friend!! My boy friends are my favorite as they lack some of the girly drama.
ReplyDeleteBen sounds like a really sweet friend!! This post is really cute!
ReplyDeleteAaaaw how nice of him! Go Ben! I really like your mature route Jenna hahaha!
ReplyDeleteAwww he sounds like such a great guy! You're both lucky to have each other :)
ReplyDeleteAwwww, how adorable! You are one lucky lady to have such an amazing friend!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls