Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ringing in 2013!

Happy New Year, bloggers!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve.

I spent mine at a friend and her fiancé's house. We drank champagne, ate delicious foods (observation: married couples make the best appetizers), and played an incredibly amusing game titled "salad bowl."

Thanks for the amaze photo, Meg!
Just before midnight, we walked over to the neighborhood square.

It was snowing heavily, and even though my feet were terribly cold in my purple glitter flats, the night felt magical.

At midnight, there was a "ball drop" followed by a gorgeous fireworks display.
Another incredibly photo by Meg! Note: We do not know that happy couple beside me.
We attempted to go to a few nearby bars, but the crowds were just too crazy to enjoy ourselves so we headed back to my friend's home.

Around 1AM, I called the cab driver we normally use and requested a pick-up.

"It will probably be thirty minutes, is that okay?" he responded.

"Of course! That's totally fine," I said, honestly expecting a longer waiting period.

2AM rolled around. Still no cabbie.

I dialed his number once more.

"I haven't forgotten about you. A situation came up, but you're next on my list. I promise I'll call once I get there," he explained.

What exactly was this "situation"? Perplexing indeed!

As we waited for our missing cab driver, we tried calling countless other numbers. All were busy.

When the clock hit 3AM, my friend (who was not even catching the same cab) decided to get serious with this cab driver.

"Listen. We've been waiting on you now for over two hours. We use your service all of the time. Can you give us an exact time that you'll be here?"

Her voice simultaneously sounded intensely sad yet purposeful. It was impressive.

But then, my dear friend said the words that would lose us our cab ride.

"You're so late...we shouldn't even pay you!"

Everyone's mouthes dropped open.

A few minutes later, our shady cab driver sent me a text message which read, "Sorry to tell you this, but I'm not picking you up anymore since your friend said you won't be paying."

Oops. Awkward.

Needless to say, my friend and I spent the night on the couch.

I'll be packing a sleeping bag next NYE. Or at least finding a more reliable cab driver! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ah I love your pictures from NYE! Looks like you had a good time-I wish we had a fireworks display around here! That's too bad about the cab ride though. Hope you find a better one for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the cab situation the night with the snow and all DOES sound magical! I'm jeal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun NYE. The only fireworks I saw were on TV - wish I coulda seen them in person too! and that is too funny about the cab driver..what a bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.