I know a lot of people are not big into New Year's resolutions.
But I am not one of those people.
I think the New Year is a wonderful time to recognize my faults, examine what needs to be changed in my life, and work toward improving my emotional and physical well-being.
I prefer to use the term "predictions" though rather than "goals" or "resolutions."
You know, because I am obviously going to achieve all of these things in the year 2013.
1. I will finish my novel.
2. I will lose the 30 pounds I previously lost (must think up fabulous reward when I reach my target weight).
3. I will read (and reread) every Jane Austen novel.
4. I will get a Harry Potter tattoo.
5. I will fall in love.
6. I will find the perfect shade of red lipstick.
7. I will write a fan letter to one of my favorite authors.
8. I will attend mass more often.
9. I will daydream less often.
10. I will let myself have lazy Sundays and not feel guilty about it.
What are you hoping to accomplish in this sparkling new year?

I love your list of predictions, especially #10.
ReplyDeleteLove this list!! Number 3 is very fun! I need to read all of Jane Austen's novels this year! :)
ReplyDelete#1 - for the love finish that novel because I can't wait to read ALL of it! The little preview you posted a while back was such a tease! I can't wait to purchase your novel one day and tell all of my friends "Oh Jenna? Yeah, I read her blog way back when, no big deal." haha!
ReplyDeleteAnd #4. Oh how I want a Harry Potter tattoo. What are you thinking of getting??
Guilty of falling behind on number 8... but can I help it if I love my church but it's too far away for every Sunday!? Time to move I guess!
ReplyDeleteWow I cannot believe how amazing your list is. I love the fact that you're reading Jane Austen novels and all of them! And Mass is a good one. I am losing weight and having a healthier 2013. My other one is finish reading Anna Karenina which I have now started and stopped approx 5 times.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous list, Jenna! I can relate to almost every single thing on your list (except, maybe, finishing a novel, since I haven't even started one yet :) You are such a fabulous lady, and such an amazing friend, and I can't wait to see you accomplish all your goals!
ReplyDeleteLove!
xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls