Friday, January 4, 2013

Meet Cami the Corolla!

On Sunday, I made yet another step forward into the bright and blinding light of adulthood.

I bought my first car.

I'll admit, it was a bit sad trading in the 2000 Toyota Camry that I had driven since I was sixteen. The Camry went through a lot with me. We traveled to and from high school tennis practices together. I lied to my parents and drove to Chicago with her. She locked me out a few times, and my dad had to come rescue me with a spare set of keys. We had a couple of scary moments when I blew one front tire (twice) driving too close to the curb.

We were pretty close after seven years together, you know?

Of course, most of that nostalgia dissipated once I got inside my 2013 Toyota Corolla. I was blown away by all of her neat features- Bluetooth, a touchscreen to control my music and phone calls, a ceiling that did not leak...!




I chose a nautical blue Corolla with a black interior.

And I named her Cami, in honor of the Camry.

My mom thinks this is dumb, and that Cami deserves a more special name unique to her drive and look.

But I think she definitely looks like a Cami and is thrilled to be named after the Camry.

I am so excited about my new car and am looking forward to the many, many miles we have ahead together!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your new car. So exciting and how fun to have blue tooth! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.