I hope you read that title (either aloud or in your mind) just as Etta James would have sung it.
This evening, I was pulling up to my apartment after work just as the beautiful, big, brown, UPS truck came to a screeching halt beside me.
"Jenna?" the UPS driver called out.
Finally. Finally after seven months of renting, my neighborhood UPS driver knew my name! At last!
"Yes! That's me!" I shouted back excitedly. "Do you have a package for me?"
"I do!"
"Is it from Kate?" I was practically bouncing as I waiting impatiently for him to rummage for my correct package.
He inspected the label, "Says Kate Spade here."
"That's her!"
"If the shoe fits," he shrugged, handing me my package.
"How did you know? They are shoes! I ordered rain boots!"
The UPS driver feigned enthusiasm before waving goodbye and going on his way.
I didn't know if I was more excited about the fact that he knew my name or the arrival of my KS rain boots.
Either way, it was a wonderful way to begin my evening.
Alright clouds- time to let loose and give me some precipitation.
These boots were made for walking.
Eeeeek! Seriously. They're so posh, I can hardly stand it.


I really did read that title like Etta James sings it. Funny!
ReplyDeleteAnd those boots. OH, those boots! So pretty! Hope you get some rain soon!
I've come to the conclusion that I need rain boots. At this point though I think I MAY need snow boots even more. Ew.
ReplyDeleteI really did read the title in an Etta James voice haha! And I think we are the same person when it comes to receiving packages!!!!! Yay for Kate!
ReplyDeleteBahaha I totally had that song in my head before I clicked onto your page, just by seeing the title in my sidebar!! :) You are too cute and I love it. I want to see you wearing these posh boots! Love your little run in with the delivery man. Too funny!
ReplyDeletei want to jump up and down for you ... i can just tell how excited you are!
ReplyDeletenow you just have to take a picture of you wearing them and then i'll REALLY jump up and down for you!
You are too too cute! I love those boots. I have a similar relationship with my UPS driver too. He laughs at me all the time and also regularly tells me that he feels bad for my husband and that I better cook good dinners. We need a picture of you in the boots!
ReplyDeleteThey are so beautiful! I wish i had a pair! And if I did i think I'd pray for rain every day just so I could wear them! :)
ReplyDeleteI read this post and seriously thought those look like something Kate Middleton would wear! You are going to look so chic in your new rainboots girl!!
ReplyDeleteJenna, I love the dialogue-it was making me laugh. :) I definitely did think of the song right away when I saw your post! Also, those rain boots are very chic!!
ReplyDelete