Monday, December 31, 2012

Au revoir, 2012!

While I am not a big NYE-kind of girl (minus the glitter and champagne, of course), I do love the hope and optimism that a new year brings.

I also enjoy looking back and reflecting on the year that's being left behind.

Here are some of my biggest, best, and worst memories of 2012.

1. While I didn't blog quite as much as 2011, I made some amazing blogging besties and became even closer to some my existing blog friends. I mean, Claire was the first one to email me the news of the Royal Baby! My life is even fuller and happier with you, blogging friends! :)

2. I moved out of my six-bedroom campus house and into a two-bedroom apartment with Rachel.


New adult bedroom!
3. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati with my B.A. in English Literature and a Minor in International Business.

4. I gained back almost all of the weight I lost in 2011.
Skinny Jenna
Not Skinny Jenna (about to eat thousands of calories in pasta)
5. I was a nanny for the first (and probably last) time.

6. I received a beautiful rejection letter from St. Andrews and had to reevaluate my future plans (after eating entirely too many Dove chocolate and consuming a few G&Ts).

7. I was offered and accepted a full-time position at an awesome international company- I became a career woman! ;)
Celebratory mimosa!
8. I had plenty of fun, weird, and wonderful flings yet still no boyfriend. Womp womp.

9. I bought my first car- meet Cami the Corolla! She was named after her amazing predecessor, the 2000 Camry. I just got Cami yesterday and am totally impressed with her!

10. I made my bridesmaid debut in my cousin's December 29th wedding! It was one of the most fun and incredible days of my life, and I was so happy to be apart of her special day. I also had a fantastic wedding date (okay- he was more than fantastic...sort of perfect, actually) who may make a future appearance on this blog if he is so lucky.
Cousins with the beautiful bride! <3 Thanks for the photo, Liv!
Happy New Years Eve, bloggers! Au revoir, 2012! You were a blast (most of the time)! :)

5 comments:

  1. oooooo a mr. man?! I'm so intrigued!! What a big year for you 2012 was!! I am so excited and hopeful for many more great things for you in 2013. I want to see more pix of you in that wedding--you look gorgeous!! The bride looks beautiful too, but Jenna, don't be so hard on yourself girl! :) Your arms look fab! Happy New Year! I hope you wear lots of sparkles and sip some bubbly for me. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new wheels! Congratulations on everything you have accomplished this year! Sounds like, all in all, 2012 was a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new car Jenna!! love it! and you look gorgeous as a bridesmaid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, this post made me laugh out loud. Love your sense if humor. The new car is too cute, and I can't wait to read more about this wedding date man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYAYAY. What a year Jenna! Love all the bigs exciting things that happened for you- hope they continue into 2013! I've got my fingers crossed we get to hear more about mystery date too! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.