I have been dealing with a stressful ordeal (no worries- nothing serious but something very time-consuming that hopefully I'll be able to blog about soon) and taking care of that issue in addition to all of December's events- gosh, this poor blog has been neglected in the process!
Let me attempt to catch you all up on my life these past few weeks.
I have realized yet again how blessed I am to have such amazing parents. I have a mom who is able to stay cool as a cucumber during any sort of crisis (or what I think is a crisis) situation (probably why she is such an incredible nurse!), and two parents who do whatever they can to make my life easier.
They also make the best St. Nick's Day stockings (Cincinnati art, fun wine stoppers, Chipotle gift card...amazing!) and buy me cases of Vitamin Water when they're at Sam's Club.
I have loved receiving Christmas cards, especially those from blog friends. I am so thankful to have made some very special friends through Blogger!
I bought this fabulous coat from Modcloth during their 25% off outerwear sale. Look at that bow- speechless!
I went to Ben's work holiday party with him this past week. It was a lot of fun, and on our way home, we noticed that the nearby conservatory's live nativity was open! It was later in the night so we were just about the only visitors! We were even able to pet the sheep :)
Work has been a total blast this month. I had an unreal Secret Santa who gave me such thoughtful gifts- a William and Kate trinket box, cozy Christmas slippers, Reese's Cups, wine glasses, a bottle opener, a book by one of my favorite authors, and a stuffed animal of the Target dog?! Just brilliant.
One of my coworkers made me a Hogwarts acceptance letter as an early birthday gift. There are really just no words for how cool this is! I am going to frame it on my desk.
Speaking of Hogwarts, I had a Harry Potter themed birthday party last night! No one really dressed up (lame), but it was still a fun time. Jill gave me gorgeous long locks and glittery gold makeup. She is truly the Cinna to my Katniss.
| Morning after |
This morning, I woke up to my Michael Bublé "Let it Snow" ringtone going off.
"Hi Jenna! What are you doing?" my dad's cheerful voice said.
"I am sleeping!" I replied.
"Well, it's 11:30. So get up so we can go to lunch!"
So 45 minutes later, my dad arrived to pick me up. We went to a great Asian restaurant where we split egg rolls and both ordered Pad Thai (shrimp on his, chicken on mine). We had one of our wonderful life-chats and started to plan our Christmas Day brunch.
Whenever Rachel gets back from wherever she's gone (Rachel- where ARE YOU?), we are going to get our nails done.
I have a holiday party at my coworker's house tonight, which I am so excited for.
Four days until my 23rd birthday and a mere ten until Christmas!
Oh December- how you fly by!
I have been thinking of you!! :) I am eating a bowl of cereal and just about spit it out at the picture of your hair on the nightstand haha! I hope that the new year bring you less stress and much joy!! 23 will bring you a fun year; I promise! Aaaaaaaand....I've been wanting pad thai for days. No fair!! Hope it was delish. :)
ReplyDeleteNo mention of the necklace?!!
ReplyDeleteWe all have bad blogger moments;) no worries! Just glad you checked in:) I love Holiday Christmas parties! and that Hogwarts letter? so cool!! I'm glad I'm not the only nerd that loves Harry Potter lol
ReplyDeleteIf you've been a bad blogger, don't even click over to mine...I need to update like yesterday, but there has just been so much going on, there's no time left to blog! I'm glad your december is going well- it sounds like lots of fun stuff to balance out the stressful!
ReplyDeletethat coat is absolutely precious! i love your style. also, the hogwarts letter? AMAZING. i want one!
ReplyDelete