Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wintery Wednesday

I am (very happily) off work today.

I am especially appreciative of this fact considering that it's a total wintery mess outside. Depending on what part of Cincinnati you're in, you could either be seeing inches of snow, some flurries, freezing rain, or simply rain. 
This photo is from 2010 or so. Not today.
My neighborhood appears icy and wet with some occasional snow.

Because I love Cincinnati and its citizens, I am doing everyone a favor and staying off the roads.

This morning though, I was creepily drinking my morning Vitamin Water and looking down below, observing the happenings of my street.

Nothing very interesting was happening until my downstairs neighbor emerged from his apartment. He walked along the icy sidewalk to his car, which he then began to scrape the snow off of.  Then, he looked back and noticed that my upstair's neighbor's car was covered in snow.

He then got out his scraper and cleaned off her car!

I was so beyond heart-warmed by this sweet gesture. I wanted to open my balcony door and yell out, "That was so nice! Love actually is all around!"

I just love witnessing wonderful moments such as those.

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday and is looking forward to 2013! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart! I love when people do nice things like that!!! Please tell me you really did yell that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love really is all around. That was so sweet of him. Moments like that gives me goosebumps :)

    And I'm glad that we both feel that Love Actually is the best Christmas movie, ever! :)

    I'm all sorts of jealous that you are off today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! What a sweet gesture. And please send some snow my way, ok??? It's just plain cold in Chicago:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is so sweet Jenna! Random acts of kindness are always the best! It makes my heart melt and makes me optimistic for the mankind :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.