Monday, December 3, 2012

A marvelous Monday!

When my 6:30AM alarm goes off on Monday mornings, I'll admit- my expectations for the day ahead are pretty low.

Today though, Monday surprised me in very pleasant ways!

When I arrived at my cube at 7:36AM, there was a glittery gift bag on my desk. My Secret Santa had hit!

And guess what my SS got me?

A WILLIAM AND KATE TRINKET BOX!!!!!!!!!
I literally gasped with sheer joy and amazement. I have the best Secret Santa ever.

At approximately 11AM, one of my blogging besties send me this simple email, "KATE IS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was literally shaking as I navigated over to CNN to confirm the news.

A ROYAL BABY!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

William and Kate are going to make absolutely wonderful parents and that bebe is going to be crazy adorable!

So anyway. 

After that life-changing event, my landlord texted Rachel and me to say that we were getting a new hot water heater the next morning. We are going to have hot water in the kitchen again! No more boiling a kettle of water in order to wash a pan!

It should be noted that we've been dealing with this inconvenience for two months now, but that's neither here nor there.

The rest of my work day flew by! I think the highlight of my day was enjoying the delicious peppermint bark that my coworker made. It was simply divine. 

After work, I went to my final fitting for my bridesmaid dress. It fits beautifully, and I feel comfortable and pretty while wearing it. I am so excited for my cousin's wedding in a mere three weeks!

I then went on a mini shopping spree at Bath & Body Works where I purchased holiday hand soaps, a balsam-scented wall flower, and one of their aromatherapy candles. I also made a (not so) brief stop in Target where I found my own Secret Santa a few fun gift items.

I finally arrived home at 8:30PM. I got a few loads of laundry done, ordered some Christmas gifts, and now I am drinking a cup of tea and winding down for the night.

Monday- you've truly outdone yourself.

Maybe you aren't such an awful day.

4 comments:

  1. I almost peed my pants w news! Started texting friends and my hubs called to make sure i knew! So awesome rhat trinket box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought of you when I heard Kate was expecting!! I just hope the poor thing is ok...I cannot imagine being so sick I'd have to stay in the hospital. Sounds like you had a fabulous Monday!! Hooray! I am obsessed with peppermint bark. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this sounds like one wonderful Monday to me! I wish mine was that pleasant (or Tuesday, for that matter :) The only thing that keeps me going right now (with the insane end-of-year work schedule) is my upcoming trip to Paris. Yay to the holidays and YAY to royal bebe!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY. Good days like these are the best- I hope they're continuing for your girl! :) And PS SO EXCITED FOR THE ROYAL BABY. I keep bringing it up to my mom and she's like calm down leah!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.