Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Musings and Happenings

Today has been yet another magnificent Monday!

I had a blast last night at the Cincinnati Zoo's Festival of Lights with my "little sister." I think my favorite parts were the beautiful lights, Santa's reindeer, and a very playful manatee! :)

I arrived at my cube this morning to a beautifully wrapped present from my fantastic Secret Santa. Inside was a hardback copy of Barbara Kingsolver's Prodigal Summer. Kingsolver is one of my most favorite authors- how did my SS know? This Kris Kringle of mine is good, I tell you.

On my drive home from work, it began to snow. I turned on Bing Crosby, and for the first time, it finally felt like Christmastime. It was magical. 

I've discovered that singing "I Dreamed A Dream" at the top of my lungs and without holding anything back is extremely therapeutic. I absolutely love the drama of the song. My favorite part- "He took my childhood in his stride, but he was gone when autumn came."

Not that that has ever happened to me. But the emotions in those words? Goodness.

I had two packages waiting when I arrived at my parents' house. I received my December Birchbox (including a chevron nail file! Oooh la la!) and a shipment from Amazon. I ordered this amazing picture book titled Paris in Color and a DVD of "Rick Steves' European Christmas." I can finally watch my favorite Christmas movie on a TV instead of my Macbook!



Michael Bublé's Christmas special is on NBC at 10PM tonight, and I can hardly wait. My mum and I are going to drink wine and enjoy it together.

Oh, and I get to spend time with this little one- one of the best eye rollers in all the world. Behind my dear Libby, that is ;)

Happy Monday! I hope everyone else had just as nice of a day!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to read your review of the Birch Box, I've been contemplating getting it!
    Also your dog is too cute!! <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yeah!!! I am so happy that you had a great day!! I got chills reading your post. You'll have to let me know how the Kingsolver book is; I taught Bean Trees to my ninth graders one year, and really liked it!! I cannot WAIT to see Les Mis. I agree, singing that song top of the lungs is seriously the best. Yay for an awesome Monday! Rock this week girl. Merry Merry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've read that book you received from secret santa. didn't love it as much as her others but it was still good.

    you are a lucky girl with all those packages!! snow will certainly make it feel like christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that your work does Secret Santa..I hope mine does next year too!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.