Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tis the season?

This week, Cincinnati has been unseasonably warm.

As in 70 degrees. In December.

The weather outside in addition to some personal issues have me feeling like it's anytime but the most magical part of the year!

Rachel and I have hung up our stockings by the chimney with care. Our Christmas tree with pink lights is standing fabulously in the corner. I have a beautiful wreath above my bed.



But still- I am having a hard time getting into the spirit.

I just might be contemplating being dramatic and playing Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas" while eating candy canes.

BLAH- someone get me feeling Christmasy ASAP!

10 comments:

  1. You need snow!! And 30 degree weather! Come visit me and you'll be feeling it very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. your tree is so pretty!! Loving the wreath over your bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath and nutcracker!

    No eating candy canes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Faith. It's the weather. It was almost 70 degrees here yesterday. I'm not complaining because I had plenty to do.. but it didn't feel like winter. P.S I really love the exposed brick in your room. Gives it such character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is hard to get into the Christmas spirit when you could practically wear summer clothing outside. Believe me, I feel your pain. It has been WARM in MS this week! Bring on the cold temps so I can actually feel like Christmas is on its way! Loving your sparkly nutcracker and pretty pink lights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw sad!!!! Do you need some help from the Lilly elf? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenna, I strongly recommend blasting out Michael Bublé's Christmas album in your place and make yourself a mug of mulled wine. Add gingerbread cookies to the mix, and I guarantee: you'll have your Christmas spirit in no time!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really wish I could help spread some Christmas cheer, but alas...I am in the same boat as you!! I have most my shopping done, presents wrapped...we just got our (little) tree and I have to decorate it. I'm hoping that will help?? But I really think it's the lack of the fluffy white stuff floating through the air. Maybe it will hit soon??? :/ Let me know if you find Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been in the 90's here, but thankfully tonight we're expecting a cold front! Btw, I love your bed, it looks so comfy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so with you girl - the lack of winter weather is making it so hard for me to feel the christmas spirit- I can barely even listen to christmas music and that's my favorite. Please let it snow let it snow, let it snow!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.