My future self is not going to be pleased about that.
Of course, my current self isn't too thrilled either.
But on to the post! Which, I must warn you, isn't the most uplifting of prose.
For quite a while now, I've been feeling pretty down.
Okay. Confession time. I've actually been feeling pretty sad since last June.
I've been struggling to deal with the incredible amount of changes that come with the end of undergrad and the beginning of "adult" life. It makes me feel like I'm some sort of freshman all over again, desperately trying to assimilate and fit in.
New apartment, new friends, new job.
It's just a lot to take in and handle.
I am constantly thinking back on last year, when my biggest concern was if I would finish my paper in time to go out on a Thursday night or maybe worrying if I would sleep through my alarm before one of my Saturday shifts at the salon.
I slept in at least two or three days each week, and every evening I came home to a dining room table surrounded by friends.
| A typical night at our campus dining room table |
Those evenings at the gym will always be some of my most favorite memories.
I know that I have so many new and exciting things to look forward to in the future.
I am so thankful for my full-time job, family, and friends. I realize how incredibly fortunate I am.
But still, I continue to struggle getting my feel of this new world and figure out what my role in it will be.
I really hope I start to feel like myself again soon.
Change is hard :( Wishing you the best while you go through this adjustment period!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower :)
{love jenny xoxo}
Jenna, I've just sent you an email, and I really hope it will be helpful (or at least that it will cheer you up). Keep your pretty head up, you are an amazing and brilliant woman, and you'll come out of this stronger and wiser, I'm sure!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
Cheer up Jenna. I know mid twenties can be so hard. College is the best time in life and then it's such a hard adjustment. I remember having such a hard time with things when I was exactly your age.
ReplyDeleteSpend time with those you love and enjoy trying to find your place. I'm now in 30's and have no clue what I want to be when O grow up and still long to live next door to each of my 11 college BFFs.
You are too pretty to ne sad so smile'!
Girlfriend I went through the same exact feelings when I graduated from college. It was hard to adjust. The life that I had for the last four years were no longer. The people I spent pretty much everyday with were now miles away. It sucked.
ReplyDeleteBut I promise that soon everything just falls into place and you just start becoming OK with being an "adult".
It's definitely hard to adjust, but you just have to hang in there. Eventually, it gets better -- not because you forget, but because you do actually figure it out! It never really seems like you do, and you rarely get an epiphany moment, but one day, you look back and realize you're not quite as lost as you think. Step by step!
ReplyDelete