Monday, February 11, 2013

Here I go again!

Today marks my 8731238th attempt to lose weight.

I've decided to reintroduce the same habits I embraced a few years ago when I lost nearly 40 pounds.

  • Limit my calories to 1200/daily (excluding fruits and vegetables)
  • No eating after dinner
  • Exercise for at least 1 hour each day
...and that was all I did.

Boring, I know.

But it was a routine that I personally found easy to stay committed to, and it worked really well for me!

Here are some of my favorite "healthy" foods while I'm trying to slim down.

  • Oatmeal
  • Laughing Cow and Wheat Thins (together, always)
  • Pickles 
  • Soups 
  • Lean Cuisines (obviously)
  • Crystal Light (not technically a food, I know)
Below are the goals (and rewards!) I've set for myself.

  • 5 pounds: Manicure
  • 10 pounds: Harry Potter tattoo (Sorry Mom. I think this is totally happening.)
  • 20 pounds: A GORGEOUS Kate Spade handbag which I bought during her recent surprise sale! I had the purse shipped to my parents' house and have instructed them to withhold it from me until I've reached this goal.
This is the bag I bought- the Kate Spade Bow Valley Rosa in pink. Isn't it lovely?
via
And yes, I realize that being motivated by material goods is not exactly the preferred method of losing weight, but to each their own, right?

Wish me luck!

Psssh as if I need it!*

*Yes. I need it.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck girl--I know you can do it!! Pound that water--and add a lemon to boost metabolism! I cannot wait to workout. Have you tried the My Fitness Pal app? I found it to be tedious, but worked because I didn't want to write down every thing I ate--so I would stop eating so much (extra crap I shouldn't be eating any way!) Egg whites and green beans worked for me...but then I got prego. :) Can't wait to see your progress; 2 more weeks I'll be right there with ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, seriously i think that is brilliant! i think a gorgeous bag would be all i need to get to my goal weight. i usually would treat myself to food but i guess that defeats the purpose :/

    i'm going to do the same! thanks for the awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck , Jenna! You can totally do it! I like running/walking or the bike for cardio and then Yoga to tone up. Find something you love and it won't feel like work. I'm trying to find a yoga or spin class to join. I've always wanted to try a spinning class. Also, I know from personal experience you can't go wrong with replacing high calorie foods with fruits and vegetables and drinking lots of water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of rewarding yourself when you meet your goals! Such a good idea that I think I may have to steal. And how in the world did I miss that bag during the surprise sale?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 100% love your rewards to yourself. Such a great idea. I need to write mine down too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna, I'm your biggest fan in this project! I love your plan, and I love your motivations! After all, you do what works for you, and don't you ever care what other thinks! (especially if they disagree with you :) I'm pretty much smitten with that Kate Spade bag, and I think it's the perfect motivation!

    Good luck!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.