Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Weirdness

Well, bloggers. My Wednesday has been anything but normal.

When I woke up at Ben's apartment this morning, my stomach felt incredibly achey and unsettled.

I attributed it to a restless night of slumber (Ben keeps his apartment SO HOT and his cat can get a bit crazy and rambunctious in the middle of the night) and decided to go back to sleep for a bit (in my own cold but comfortable bed) before getting ready for work.

Around 7:30, I got up and showered. My stomach felt worse than it had earlier, and I knew I was going to faint if I stayed in the steamy shower any longer. The pain reminded me a lot of this episode from November.

I threw up (TMI? Sorry) before retreating to my bed.

It honestly took all of energy to email my boss and tell her I wouldn't be in the office.

Right as I was about to drift back into a self-pitying sleep, I remembered- the men were coming to fix the furnace today!

I shot up in bed and sent out a hasty text to my landlord, just wanting to give him a heads-up that I wasn't feeling well and would be at the apartment while the repairmen were here. I didn't want to scare anyone with my sallow face and unbraided hair.

He kindly replied that he would stop over with space heaters so I didn't have to be in a freezing apartment all day.

Then, my morning got increasingly weirder. As I sat in my bed wearing my lounge pants and oversized grade school tshirt with my Macbook propped on my knees and an incredible space heater going at full-blast on the floor beside me, two very nice and empathetic men fumbled around with the heating system outside my room.
I love you, Space Heater.
"What a terrible time to be sick!" the one sighed.

The other nodded in agreement, "And it's so cold in here! You poor girls!"

Yes, repairmen. YES.

This was just so beyond strange, I could hardly stand it.

Lucky for me, my mum called shortly later and told me to pack an overnight bag.

"You've been living in a 50 degree apartment for four days. And now you're sick! You're spending the night at home," she told me.

I was too weak and feeble to argue at that point.

Besides- a heated home and a cuddly Goldendoodle sounded quite lovely.

I spent the afternoon napping and woke up feeling much better. My mom made a comforting supper of chicken and vegetables, and now I am lounging on the sofa as the two of us watch HGTV.

Weird Wednesday indeed but not a completely awful day!

2 comments:

  1. Jenna, I hope you'll be fine soon! Being sick is never fun, and having two strangers at home with emphatic remarks probably doesn't help :) Your mom is the sweetest :) Sending you a big hug, so you feel better!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for moms who take care of us when we're sick.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.