Friday, February 22, 2013

An Icy Friday!

Firstly, I would just like to comment on what a strange-looking word "icy" is. It looks like it's missing a letter or was cut off prematurely.

Weird.

This morning, I woke up at my usual time of 6:30.

Cincinnati received quite a bit of freezing rain overnight, and when I went outside? My Corolla was a giant ice cube!

I feebly tried to scrape away the ice, but it was not budging. I turned the defrost on high and sat in my cold car eating my Lunar bar while I waited for the ice to thaw a bit.

For the record, that stupid Lunar bar only eclipsed my hunger until 9:45AM. Lame.

When I reemerged into the cold, February air, the ice had really melted down quite well! I'll be honest- it was almost fun scraping those big sheets of ice off my Corolla!

Luckily, the streets had been salted, and my commute was smooth into work.

After parking my car in a semi-icy spot, I cautiously made my way towards the entrance.

Of course, as I tried not to slip and die on sporadic bits of ice, two women were being dropped off by their boyfriends/husbands/lovers in rugged SUVs.

Must be nice, I thought bitterly, hugging my red coat tighter around me.

As I went to walk across the CROSSWALK, one of the boyfriends/husbands/lovers didn't see me and almost ran me over with his rugged SUV.

Fabulous.

Single and invisible.

I am happy to report that the day only went up from there with delicious cookies in an afternoon meeting, the perfect cat nap after work, and a fun evening at a local fish fry with some coworkers.

Tonight, I am snuggled up in bed with discounted Valentine's Day candy and my space heater running at full blast since our heat isn't being fixed until Tuesday at the earliest.

Oy vey.

Happy weekend, bloggers! :)

2 comments:

  1. We had Ice here too! but not as much as you guys.. I'm so OVER winter. =/ Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg discounted vday candy! That is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.