"Junky apartment," I grumbled, turning off the heat. I figured it probably just needed a little rest and would be good to go in a little bit. Our apartment was built in 1890 so I usually am okay with cutting it some slack.
I mean, when I am 113 years old, I hope people do the same for me.
But anyways.
I turned the furnace back on before bed and went to sleep.
Sunday morning, I awoke to a strange smell. I also noticed that the thermostat was only at 63 degrees when I had set the temperature to 70 many hours earlier.
I texted Rachel, my eternal lifesaver in all things practical (and otherwise), that I thought our furnace might be calling it quits.
She said she would look at it when she got home, and sure enough, she called while I was babysitting that evening to confirm that yes, the furnace was indeed broken.
Bloggers, that was Sunday night.
It is now Tuesday night, and we still have no heat.
The first night I had to spend in this frozen tundra?
Not so awful.
I felt adventurous! I kept imagining some of my favorite Little House on the Prairie scenes. Would Pa be bringing more wood soon? Oh, I hoped Mr. Edwards would make it home through the snow storm in time for Christmas!
I realize none of that makes sense. So I'll move on.
We were blessed with an extremely mild February day yesterday so last night wasn't unbearable either.
Tonight though?
Tonight it is cold. Uncomfortably so.
I will be spending my evening and night over at Ben's warm and cozy apartment, watching this week's episode of Girls and making our own Jamba Juice Razzmatazz smoothies.
Smoothies! I know.
Ridiculous.

Girrrrrrl!! That apartment!!! Omg. My vote is to move home and save $$ btw. Those smoothies do sound great though--do a blog on them!! :) hope you're warm now!
ReplyDelete