It is 1:09 this Saturday morning, and I'm still in bed.
Last night was spent reading followed by drinking wine and hanging out with Melissa and her boyfriend, Derek.
Taylor the Tool Man stopped by after work bearing a Topper's buffalo chicken pizza and Topperstix, which we all most definitely enjoyed.
I didn't set an alarm as I usually do on Saturdays (by set an alarm, I mean one for 9AM...sooo I know, I know, little sympathy for me) and found myself sleeping well past 11.
After I had waken up and spent a few minutes thinking about my dreams from the night before, I reached for the novel I've been reading, the final book of the Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, and just read and read for hours.
Despite the mountain of obligations I have ahead of me this weekend (homework assignments, workouts, chores), I don't feel stressed.
It's a beautiful autumn day outside, and I feel more relaxed than I have in quite a while.
I have been struggling to adapt to my many life changes since I graduated college in 2012.
A few more big changes this past year sent me into one eternal, wound-up ball of worry and discontent.
This morning though, it's suddenly dawning on me all that I have to be thankful for.
And I am overwhelmed with the feeling that I am going to be just fine.
More then fine, actually.
I'm going to be fantastic.

Seriously? Don't even talk to me before 9am! I am SO not a morning person! Can you believe it's November already?!!!
ReplyDeleteAhh love this post! You're right! Everything is going to be more than fine :)
ReplyDelete