Saturday, November 9, 2013

"No more breakfast!"

This morning, I met my school project parter for brunch at Panera.
via
We set an 11AM meeting time, and I arrived a few minutes early.

Breakfast food definitely sounded good, and I found myself overwhelmed with the menu possibilities.

Ah, I always enjoyed their souffles! But which flavor to choose?

Although...what about the power sandwiches? I could use some power!

The mediterranean sandwich looked delicious, but hadn't my coworker just told me how much she didn't like that one?
via
"I can take you right here," one of the Panera employees smiled, probably wondering if I was actually just a loiterer trying to escape the cold.

"Still deciding! So many options!" I replied.

Of course, the moment after I said this, a family of seven trooped in and (rightly so) took my place in line.

I looked at my watch anxiously.

10:59!

Panera stopped serving breakfast items at 11 on weekends!

Finally, the family had been served, and I stepped up to the register.

"No more breakfast!" One of the male employees shouted quite aggressively. "Breakfast is over!"

What? Noooooooooooo!!!!!

"How can I help you?"

I looked back at the Panera employee and sighed, "I'll take the pick two with French onion soup and the Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich, please."

"Chips or baguette?"

Did it even MATTER? I wanted a breakfast sandwich!

"Baguette...oh, and can I please get an iced coffee?"

I at least wanted some breakfast aspect in my meal.

From now on, I will be scanning my menu options before arriving at the restaurant.

And I'll also be keeping a close eye out for any families of seven.

4 comments:

  1. I love Panera!! I rarely get there early enough for breakfast though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Your stories always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've NEVER been to Panera for breakfast. I'm lucky to be out the house by 12pm on most days haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I can so imagine myself in this situation. Panera breakfast is the best. Their bagels... <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.