As I took my seat in one of the pews, I was feeling beyond stressed with schoolwork, and I had a tension headache quickly gaining momentum.
I sighed, rubbing my temples.
Closing my eyes for a few seconds, I opened them once more and took a real look around me.
The church was darkened, the only light shining from candles.
![]() |
| via |
It was so quiet and calm.
By the time the mass actually started, my headache started to fade, and I felt an incredible sense of relief.
"I would like each of you to introduce yourselves to the person beside you," the priest said, "and tell that person what you're thankful for this year."
I met a super sweet girl who happened to be in the same sorority as my cousin!
We talked about what we were thankful for each year and even ended up staying for a few minutes after mass to chat a bit more.
It was the most perfect way to begin Thanksgiving week, and it reminded me how important weekly mass is for my emotional sanity.
...even more essential than wine ;)
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

That is awesome Jenna! I always like when they ask you to turn to someone and introduce yourself. I like meeting new people in church!
ReplyDeleteAhh love this post! You're such a great writer Jenna!
ReplyDeleteIs it sad that I wish I had been there so we could have just chatted forever after mass? Is this your church? We are twinsies then because it looks just like mine. I LOVE going to church when I feel like this. Unfortunately I have been out of town the past like 100 Sundays, and I can feel my heart tugging for my usual pew.
ReplyDelete