I knew I was in for a good trip judging by the goods in the dollar section.
You can always tell how successful your Target trip will be based on what the dollar section currently has to offer.
I picked up a bunch of fun office supplies and headed off to the personal care department where I had to get some Cetaphil facial moisturizer.
After tossing some kitchen garbage bags, a birthday card, and a box of Kashi breakfast bars into my cart, I was looking over the Vitamin Water selection when I suddenly heard something magical.
Christmas music.
It was probably playing all of the store, but it was definitely originating from the back corner.
Almost hypnotized, I walked towards it.
Closer, closer.
Louder, louder.
And there it was- all of the beautiful, glorious, magnificent CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!!!!!!
There was so much glitter and sparkle and joy!
I threw a green reindeer into my cart -why not?- followed by two sets of Christmas towels.
I decided that I wanted a menorah for my front windowsill until I saw that the one I liked was $20 and figured I would survive without it.
At that point, I was able to finally pull myself away.
"I'll be back for you," I wanted to whisper to the stuffed snowman and the wreath made entirely of ornaments.
I added a snowflake pillow to my treasures and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and headed toward the check-out.
"Oh! Oh, shoot," I sighed, remembering that I had only brought my Target RedCard inside with me. "I don't have my ID!"
The cashier, who has checked me out with wine probably 1121293812983 times, merely set the wine back behind the register and kept scanning!
He may as well have been the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld and snapped, "No wine for you!"
Oh, well.
At least I have my Christmas decorations to enjoy tonight!
1. Are you jewish or did you just want the menorah? I have always dreamed of being Jewish.
ReplyDelete2. I love that your clerk knows you enough to just put the wine back. I mean credit card theft is one thing but getting in trouble for selling to minors is big time! LOVE!!!
Best post ever!!
No wine for you, hilarious! At least you got new Christmas decorations ;)
ReplyDelete