Sunday, November 3, 2013

Comfort

I spent the night at my parents' house last night since I was on their side of town for my cousin's wedding.

I wore a new black and white striped dress I had purchased from The Impeccable Pig down in Nashville and had such a nice night drinking Dirty Shirleys and catching up with family.
My cousin looked so handsome, and his new wife was absolutely stunning.

The toasts by the maids of honor and best men were so heartfelt and wonderful that I had tears in my eyes! Eeeeep!

This morning, I woke up after a wonderful night's sleep.

A 12 hour (!!!) night's sleep.

I am seriously le tired when the weekend rolls around.

I felt so cozy in my childhood bedroom, the ceiling fan gently blowing air across my face as Ellie snuggled against my side.
I looked out the window to see another gorgeous autumn day.

I swear...I haven't experienced a fall this beautiful in years!

When I opened my bedroom door, I could smell pumpkin and hear my mom cooking downstairs.

This is comfort, I thought happily, as I sat in the kitchen, watching my mom prepare lunch for my dad's side of the family who spent the afternoon with us.
There is just something so peaceful about being at my parents' house. I feel taken care of and sort of hidden away from the world and my responsibilities. It's easy to feel as though I am back in grade school or high school when my biggest worries really weren't such big deals, after all.

As Jane Austen would say, "There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."

3 comments:

  1. I love your posts because they seriously put me right there in the moment with you! I know that sounds super lame but it's so true. My Mom lives with us now but I still feel taken care of when she makes breakfast and helps out with the kids. Makes my life easier for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading these kind of posts! Sounds lovely, may I vacation there too?? :) Sounds like you're going to have an incredible week, from the wonderful weekend you had. So happy for you Jenna! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree. Love this post! You're a great writer!

    I could go for a dirty Shirley right now

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.