Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pretzels or Snickers Bar?

This Thursday evening, I am heading to my parents' house after work to help my dad hand out Halloween candy.
This is how I am dressing up except with a burgundy dress and dark yellow scarf! Go go Gryffindor!
My mom will be off with friends (or something glamorous like that) for the night so mon père and I have to hold down the fort.

This entails one of us taming the beast (Ellie) while the other distributes the candy to the trick-or-treaters.
Like mother, like daughter.
"Look what I bought for the kids!" My mom exclaimed excitedly, disappearing off into the dining room while I was over for dinner Sunday night.

She emerged with a bag of good candy (a variety pack of chocolate bars) and pretzels.

PRETZELS.
via
"Aren't these adorable?" she beamed, holding up the plastic tub of Halloween pretzels. "You can let the kids choose between the two."

My dad and I were appalled.

"You're turning into one of those old people!" I told her.

My dad sighed, "We may as well be handing out toothbrushes and apples."

Of course, the two of us have continued having fun with this.

"Utz Pretzels," my dad answered tonight when I called after class.

We laughed.

"I just opened a bag and set them in front of Ellie," he continued. "She won't even touch them."

My mom refuses to believe us that pretzels are a junky treat.

I suppose she'll have to see the proof herself late Thursday night when we are all out of chocolate and have a tub full of pretzels leftover.

3 comments:

  1. my mom hands out pretzels too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that's hilarious! You have to update us after Halloween, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! We aren't big chocolate eaters in this house but Halloween is totally the one time of year where I buy the biggest bag of chocolate I can find! Totally don't wanna be that house that gets Toilet papered!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.