Thursday, October 24, 2013

Midweek Getaway: Nashville

My October fun continued this week with a quick getaway to Nashville.

My cousin, a music extraordinaire, was chosen to play in the strings section for the Michael Bublé concert, and my aunt wasted no time coordinating a group of us to travel south for the Wednesday night performance.

Here are some highlights from our 24 hours in Nashville.

We nearly collided with a little, red Mazda driving in front of us during the drive down when it made a sudden stop. We were so embarrassed, we didn't want to even look over at the car when it passed by later. Except we totally did. And the driver was gorgeous.

We met our famous violinist for lunch at Noshville where I enjoyed the most perfect grilled Reuben. Our waiter was très bizarre, and we got scolded for asking or doing just about anything (such as being brazen enough to request separate checks). It was mostly funny.
Famous cousin is wearing the blue lace. The rest of us are plebeians. 
Tuesday afternoon consisted of shopping in an incredibly charming area around Vanderbilt's campus. All of the shops were unique, and I seemed to find something I wanted in every single one. Each of us girls ended up purchasing a fun dress- successful shopping trip!

We stayed in a beautiful Embassy Suites where the staff took excellent care of us.

We had a smorgasbord before the concert. Champagne, beer, iced tea vodka, and wine were all in attendance as were a zillion types of appetizers.
A glimpse of the feast.
We took the hotel's shuttle to the concert. During our brief ride, we met an Australian couple on holiday!

"I'm a big Hugh Jackman fan," I told them.

The wife nodded, "Aren't we all?"

Amen.
via
The Michael Bublé concert was AMAZING! This was my fourth time seeing him perform, and I swear...he gets better every time! I've never experienced another artist who is so involved and interactive with his audience. My favorite song was "All You Need Is Love" during which confetti shot out of the ceiling! I am such a sucker for raining confetti.



Our cousin was on the gigantic video screens at least 7-10 times! She did such an awesome job, and we felt incredibly proud to call her our own.

I bought my mom a Lime-A-Rita during the concert. She hated it.

We went to Music Row after the concert where we met a bunch of Canadian hockey announcers. We did some dancing with them and while they were mostly nice, they were a tad creepy. It's a fine line, isn't it?

On the way home today, we stopped by McDonald's, and it was awesome.

We had such a wonderful time down in Nashville, and it was just another reminder of how blessed I am to have the strong, fun, loving family that I do.

I think it's time to plan my fifth Michael Bublé concert.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the way you recapped this! Every detail you remembered! :)

    I've never been to any of his concerts but I've heard how amazing he is live!

    Glad you had a great time with your family and congrats to you cousin! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, now you have me absolutely jealous! Michael Bublé? Really? I've been obsessed with him for years! (I'm too embarrassed to count, actually :) I soooo wish I could see him perform live! And how amazing, that your cousin is such an amazingly talented musician! All thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.