Here are some musings from my week!
1. Animal print flats make me feel fierce. I bought these shoes recently from Target, and they make me feel so unstoppable and confident. Wearing these flats, I feel as though I can take on the world (or at least the tumultuous life of a twenty-something singleton).
2. There is no place like home. As much as I loved staying with Ellie at my parents' house, I'm so glad to be back in my own place. I'll miss their soaking tub and Miss Eleanor May, but I'm ecstatic to have my 15 minute commute back and be sleeping in my soft, jersey sheets once again.
3. Buying balloons is awkward. In so many ways. Driving home with balloons bopping around in your backseat is both awkward and dangerous. It also might be detrimental to your mental health. By the end of my car ride, I found myself talking to the balloons and scolding them for not staying put.
4. Panera Bread is so comforting. I stopped here for dinner before my Wednesday evening class, and it was exactly what I needed. Eating a hot bowl of soup with a delicious sandwich just makes me feel cozy and happy.
5. Sleepytime Tea is a gift from God. Speaking of comforting, let's pay a moment of respect to the calm and relaxation that a nightly cup of Sleepytime Tea brings. Add a novel to this scenario and a bathtub full of hot water, and I believe I'm in heaven.
6. Jhumpa Lahiri released a new novel! I was first introduced to Jhumpa Lahiri during a contemporary fiction class where we read one of her short story collections, Unaccustomed Earth. Lahiri writes the most beautiful prose I've ever encountered. Her new novel is called The Lowland.
![]() |
| via |

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of animal print for myself... but when it comes in mini sizes for my baby? I die. SO cute!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those pom pom things (what do you call them?) above your bed! SO cute! Did you make them?