Monday, October 28, 2013

Something Scary

After Kelsey, Taylor, Melissa, and I casually polished off a tin of Pepperidge Farm Pirouettes last night, I knew it was time to start chasing down the healthy eating and exercise train.
via
Before bed, I dutifully packed my breakfast and lunch for work, adding a banana for good measure. I even set out my workout clothes so that I'd be all set for the gym.

I was ready.

As I was blow drying my hair this morning and imagining how great I was going to feel once I was skinny again ("Jenna! You're getting too thin!" People would gush as I waved a dainty hand at them as if to say, "Oh, goodness! Me? You really think so?"), I suddenly remembered a very scary part of weight loss endeavors.

The scale.
via
"You cannot track how well you're doing if you don't know your starting weight," I told myself. "You can do this."

Besides, seeing as it is Halloween week and all, it only seemed fitting that I do something so frightening.
via
I gingerly made my way to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I eyed the scale nervously.

We had actually enjoyed some really happy times together.

"Remember when I used to tell you how skinny you were?" The scale seemed to smile encouragingly at me. "That was great! We can do that again someday!"

Solemnly, I took a deep breath and stepped on the scale.

It's only a number. It's only a number. It's only a number.

"THANK GOD!" I sighed, clutching my chest for dramatic effect.

The number was far from perfect, but I was also not as close to my heaviest weight as I feared.

And tonight, I am proud to report that I had a flawless day.

I limited my calories to 1200, fit in a great workout, and am now enjoying my mug of hot tea sans dessert.

Jenna on her way!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe ;) you completely got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I have been feeling like I need to get back on the healthy eating horse and would love an accountability partner...WE CAN DO THIS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.