This past weekend, before I was a criminal, I was a very happy wedding guest.
Here are some highlights from the Cleveland wedding.
I went with my friend, C, who is a tried and true amazing wedding date. He is a great dancer, always ready to fetch you another drink (more wine, please!), so much fun, and dresses up quite nicely.
For the wedding day festivities, we paired up with C's best friend and his date.
I had met C's friend before and am a huge fan, but I was totally anxious about his date. What if she was a mean girl? What if we had nothing in common? What if she hated the royal family?
Luck was on my side though because the mystery date ended up being incredible! We became fast friends and bonded over just about everything. I am genuinely sad that she and I don't live in the same city because I know we'd be total besties.
The wedding was at 1PM. I had never been to a daytime wedding before! In Cincinnati, most weddings are in the evening. Between the mass and reception, the four of us went to C's house where he grilled burgers, and we enjoyed a few drinks. It was a great afternoon!
The reception was in this really neat place with a giant dome. Servers were handing out flutes of champagne as guests walked in the door- so posh! I loved it.
By the end of the night, the two of us girls were drinking Dirty Shirley Temples and dancing to the Spice Girls and ABBA while the boys smoked cigars outside.
Everyone circled around the bride and groom at the end of the reception and sang Green Day's "Good Riddance." Very cool.
The next morning, our lovely quartet traveled to Starbucks for some much needed caffeine. Three out of the four of us ordered PSLs. I was one of them, of course.
It was such a great weekend, and I am so glad C invited me to be his wedding date.
I am already looking forward to the next time our foursome can team up!




sounds like so much fun! i always stress whether I'll like the other girl in a foursome and it's great when it works out! and you looked so pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove your dress! Oh and I totally think the 1pm wedding thing is a Cleveland thing! The one we went to last month was at 1 with the reception at like 6! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun wedding! You looked gorgeous! Love your dress. I love when you make a new friend and find so much in common.
ReplyDeleteNow this sounds positively fantastic! You two make such a dashing couple :) I'm so happy you had such a great time, and I'm still planning on grilling you on more details :) And don't you just love it when you stumble upon a lovely person you can instantly bond with? That's amazing!
ReplyDelete