Happy Ash Wednesday!
![]() |
| Ash Wednesday 2012. Good times. |
She then tried to scrub our foreheads clean.
We thought that was just hilarious.
I've always enjoyed the season of Lent.
And not just because it gives me an excuse to dine on some superb seafood and veggie pizzas.
I love the self-examination that comes with the season and the idea of bettering myself in the time leading up to Easter. Of course, as a lover or lists and resolutions, I am also a fan of Lenten promises.
I know, I know...I should do these things all of the time, not just during Lent.
But don't rain on my Lenten parade, okay?
1. Go to mass every week. I've gotten into quite a bad habit of skipping church over the past year or so. I probably only go once every six weeks, which is pathetic, and I know it affects my mood for the worse.
2. Only drink alcohol one night weekly. Time to cut down on the vino!
3. No more pop! With free fountain soda at my workplace, this one is going to be tough! I am trying to replace the pop with water. Good for the skin and waistline, right?
4. Before I go to bed each night, thank God for something positive that happened during my day. I've always been faithful about my nightly prayers, but I often feel as though they are mainly petitions and calls to God for help. I need to be more grateful for what I already have and stop asking for more.
Those are my four mighty Lenten promises. I think numbers 2 and 3 will be the toughest to keep, but hopefully I can stick it out for the next 40 days!

You go, girl! Soda is also on my list of no-no's for Lent! You can do it, Jenna! xo
ReplyDelete