Wednesday, June 13, 2012

...and we have a door!

So. That was a short blog break. As in 48 hours or so.

I just missed writing too much.

I will still probably be a lame blog follower for a while yet. Please bear with me.

In exciting apartment news, Rachel and I now have a front door that shuts without screeeeching. It also opens and closes without using all of one's force and complicated maneuvering/jiggling.
Our former front door. Kidding. Kind of.
We're really getting fancy here.

The door has been pretty busted since we moved in, and I was more than enthusiastic when the carpenter called me today to say it was finally repaired.

"Since we had no key, we had to bust the door down," he reported to me.

"Ooooh! How dramatic!" I exclaimed, both impressed and amazed (also slightly disappointed to have missed witnessing a door being kicked in).

"No. It wasn't actually," he responded, completely deadpan.

No fun.

Slowly but surely, this apartment is going to come together! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a door! It's the simple things. And way to ruin the fun, nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so glad it's all coming together - feels so good to check things off the list, i'm sure!

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for your apartment coming together!!! I keep seeing those cute pics on Facebook- let's see some more when it's finished :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.