Thursday, June 14, 2012

Being a Victim of Road Rage: The Aftermath

Around 6PM tonight, I was just getting done with work and heading home. My day ended at a park where one of the kids I nanny for had a baseball game, and since I was in a totally unknown part of town, I thanked God and Steve Jobs for my iPhone and its impressive GPS.

I was cruising down the road when I spotted the street I was supposed to turn on.

Quickly, I checked my right side and thought I was in the clear to merge.

You know that whole not having peripheral vision thing? It can be a problem sometimes.

HOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!!

I immediately swerved back into my lane. I gripped the wheel with both hands and looked straight ahead, totally mortified and a bit shaken up.

HOOOONK!!! HONK! HONK!

Why was the car still beeping at me? I continued to look ahead at the stoplight.

HONK! HOOOONK!

Finally, I turned to my right to see a FURIOUS woman making awful gestures at me and yelling some terrible sentiments.

I turned back around and remained looking straight ahead until the light finally changed, and I could get away from her.

I then turned into the next parking lot and did what all mature, adult women do in tense situations.

Sob. Hysterically.

After I had recovered, I rerouted my directions home (since I still had no idea where I was at) and spent the next thirty minutes still fighting back tears.

Yes. I completely deserved to be honked at by that woman, but were those offensive gestures and words necessary?

No, of course not.

Luckily, I am safe and sound at home now with a miniature chicken pot pie to eat for dinner and an icy cold Coke Zero. I'm planning on reading some more of the Christian and Ana saga (oh, yes...) before I dive into my technical writing for the night, and I may even take a warm bath in my claw foot tub.

SO Evil Road Rage Lady, you have not ruined my night.

Has anyone else ever been a victim of road rage?

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry! I was flipped off the other day for passing a car that was going under the speed limit in the left lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible! One honk to get your attention is all that's really needed. I don't understand why some drivers are so hostile!
    And are you reading 50 Shades?! I need your honest, English-major opinion. I have been determined to avoid this book but I might have to cave in if you can claim that it's worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Jenna, this is just awful! I think one honk would have been enough, but that woman obviously had some issues with herself, a normal person doesn't do such things! I'm glad that you recovered!

    Have a great Friday!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, everyone makes mistakes at some point when driving in an unknown area. We've all messed up trying to follow gps instructions! Don't let it get u down, maybe the lady was having a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have been the victim except mine attacked me and I have to give evidence against her in court :( can't wait till its over. Question is will they bother to prosecute her.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.