Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

Thank you for...

Always making me laugh with your funny stories and incredible sense of humor.
Taking Joel, Ben, and me to the airport when we were little so that we could watch the planes take off. And treating us to Happy Meals afterward.

Buying me bobble heads after every Reds game we went to despite the fact that I always broke them soon after.

Sharing your love of books and reading with me.
All of our trips to the downtown library.

Letting me come along with you to one of your highly-anticipated Notre Dame football games (...and even allowing us to leave at halftime because I was cold!).
Telling me all about the places you visited around the world and giving me a passion for travel along with an appreciation for different cultures.
Teaching me to play tennis and the hours you spent hitting with me.

Trying to teach me how to play golf. Eeeeek! What a disaster that was!

Encouraging me to always follow my dreams and helping to make those dreams bigger and brighter.
Showing me how to be a kind and compassionate human being.

Giving me an incredible example of what a husband, father, and man should be.
I love you, Dad! Thank you for everything you do for me. I am so proud to call you my dad! <3

4 comments:

  1. i love seeing all of these photos! happy father's day to your dad :)

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I love the hat your Mom wore of her wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, this is such a beautiful declaration! You are so lucky to have such a fantastic dad (and I'm just a tiny bit jealous, but also really happy for you :) I loved reading your words!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw you're too sweet! Loving that you love your daddy as much as I love mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.