Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Lassie!"

This weekend and next, I am staying at my parents' next-door neighbor's house and dogsitting.
My own dog, Ellie! <3
I LOVE staying at this family's house. There is always incredible food, loads of great movies, and the latest People magazines.

Plus there is just some great energy going on here. It makes me happy staying over with these two pups!

I arrived this morning à la Mary Poppins with my magical satchel (also known as my Longchamp). After letting the dogs out to do their business, I excitedly brewed my first cup of coffee using a Keurig.

Delighted with the results, I sat down at my Macbook and thought how wonderful my life was.

I gazed adoringly over at one of the sweet, little dogs who was sound asleep on the sofa. The other dog was...ummm...WHERE WAS HE?!

I quickly began looking around for him on the first floor to no avail.

I figured he was probably hiding upstairs so I headed up there where I searched every corner and under every single bed without success.

I had somehow lost a dog in a locked and secured house while I was too busy brewing a k-cup. I was a terrible dogsitter and person.

I started shaking the food bowl and yelling, "Treat!" in hopes that I could bribe him out. If he was still in the vicinity, that is, and had not taken off across Ohio.

Then, a little head poked out of the crate.

HE WAS IN THE CRATE THE ENTIRE TIME.

Who wouldn't want to be in bed at 7AM on a Saturday?

3 comments:

  1. So fun to be dog/house sitting so close to your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Sounds like my Holly. Great story...I sincerely mean it when I say I love your writing! If you ever write anything creative that's a longer piece, feel free to send it my way to glance at! Lovely details. Enjoy the stay!! They're lucky pups to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you crack me up! Love that he was in his crate the whole time while you freaked out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.