My brother gave me a generous gift card there for graduation, and I was excited to make that card's balance zero.
After meandering through some of my favorite stores (FYI Anthro is currently having a very nice sale), I ended up at Nordstrom, lusting over a pair of Tory Burch sandals I've had my eyes on for quite a long time.
As usual, I picked up the sample shoe and admired its beauty.
And that's when I decided I was going to buy those sandals.
I have to admit, paying for the sandals myself felt amazing.
It was exhilarating.
My Reva flats were purchased for me by an ex-boyfriend. It was one of the sweetest gifts I've ever received (especially because it was a "just because" present), but buying this pair of Torys myself felt even better than that surprise gift.
Even though I left the mall with a significantly lower checking account, I also left with more self-confidence.
Is that Destiny's Child "Independent Women" playing?
Oh, yes. I think it is.
Pretty sandals!! I'd say that you totally deserve to treat yourself to a lovely pair of shoes after all of your hard work!
ReplyDeleteThe most awesome feeling isn't it!
ReplyDeleteYour sandals are so fabulous!
Love those sandals. It's nice to treat yourself every once and a while.
ReplyDeleteI love those sandles. My sister in law got them for Mothers day and I have been lusting after them ever since.
ReplyDeletein loooooooooove! congratulations on buying them yourself - i love that feeling!
ReplyDelete- lauren
fun! hooray for buying things yourself, although, be careful. when i graduated from college, i went a wee bit insane buying things. that when i became a bonafide jcrew-aholic!
ReplyDeleteYay for Tory sandals, they're so beautiful! I'd say that's the perfect gift to yourself for graduation!
ReplyDeleteLove them and love the little story :) They look absolutely amazing! A great choice, Miss Independent!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls