This little girl is amazing.
She is the most confident and self-assured 10-year-old I've ever met, and it's pretty awesome.
After catching me up on her friends and things at school, naturally the topic of boys came up. She pulled out her yearbook and proudly pointed to the school photo of her latest crush.
"He's even taller than me!" she swooned.
"Dreamy!" I concurred, knowing this was no small detail as this little girl is quite tall for her age.
"So, how's your love life?" she asked me.
I sighed and told her about my Thursday breakup.
She nodded solemnly, "Well, Jenna. At least you had a man for Valentine's Day. So it wasn't a total loss."
Okay. That was a valid point.
The two of us then threw on our coats and went to catch a late evening showing of Frozen. It was my first time seeing the movie and her third.
![]() |
| via |
The music! The heroines! The feminism!
"We don't even NEED men! We can save ourselves," I proclaimed as we left the theatre.
"Just like Anna and Elsa!" she chimed in.
Of course, we listened to "Let It Go" the entire way home.
It was probably the best way to spend a Saturday night following a breakup.

She sounds like one very wise girl. I still haven't seen Frozen, but maybe I need to take myself on a little date to check it out! I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI seriously need to see Frozen! And I don't mean to do this on your blog but... BREAK UP? Excuuuuse me?
ReplyDelete