I was eating Caramel Delights and washing them down with milk when my mom said, "I have something to tell you, but I don't want to hurt your feelings."
I assumed it was about the amount of Caramel Delights I was consuming and slowly set aside the box of Girl Scout cookies.
"Okay?" I ventured bravely, mentally preparing myself for this impending attack.
"Your wardrobe needs updating. You need to start wearing pants. Your leggings make you look childish, and you're a professional now."
Bam bam bam- she shot me down!
Just kidding.
I was apathetic.
"Uh, I'm not wearing pants," I responded, thinking this would be the end of the conversation.
My mom continued on though...and to make matters worse? My DAD jumped in on the conversation and took my mom's side!
"Et tu, Brute?" I wished to moan forlornly.
My parents kept arguing that no one else my age dresses in leggings every single day (nor do I- sometimes I wear stockings or yoga pants!), and that it's time I start wearing "jeans and shirts and scarves."
To be quite frank? I don't care that no one else wears leggings the way I do.
My wardrobe fits my style and personality. It is me, and I feel comfortable presenting myself to the world this way.
Here are some examples of the outfits I wear on a typical basis. I am lucky that my company's dress code is casual so I don't need to dress up most days.
...do any of those outfits remind of you a "kindergartener"? Hmmm?
Anyway.
I still refuse to buy a pair of jeans.
Live on, leggings!
Lol! Your parents are funny!
ReplyDeleteHave you tried jeggings? Looks like jeans, feels like leggings :)
P.S. That lace tunic/dress is fabulous!
ReplyDeletePants are so overrated. I'm a teacher and the leggings and a tunic/dress is a staple in my wardrobe! Keep at it!
ReplyDeleteI say leggings are totally in. Of course, it is one thing if you're at place of profession or a fancy night out. BUT leggings are def a staple. Tell mom and pops all the cool girls are doing it! haha
ReplyDelete? I don't see the problem? Leggings are a girls best frannnnd;)
ReplyDeleteAmazing. haha I wear jeans mainly because I work with high school students and I already get confused for them enough as it is, but I literally tear my jeans off the second I get home from work and change into leggings. So. You know. Same thing right?
ReplyDeleteIf my parents ever dared to say this to me about my yoga pants, I'd laugh. I wear the same pair of lululemons every single day. Occasionally I mix it up with lemon leggings, but mostly it's just the pants. They do get washed. Pants are for people who like pants.. not us. Live on leggings!
ReplyDelete