Wednesday evening, I had a first date.
I wore a simple black dress with pearl accessories.
I also made sure to swap out my Ugg boots and giant parka for a red peacoat and flats right before I went inside.
I didn't want to botch up my first impression (and God knows I didn't want him to assume I actually enjoy wearing Uggs [I actually hate the look of Uggs, but I realize their necessity when we're experiencing a -25 degree windchill and all]).
We met at Whole Foods and both got coffee drinks.
I chose a raspberry latte, and he ordered a decaf coffee. He paid for both, and I thought that was very thoughtful and gentlemanly.
We sat at one of the hightop tables and jumped right into conversation. The two of us couldn't seem to stop talking!
He was sweet, interesting, intelligent, and had a great sense of humor.
He also had giant brown eyes and dark hair.
I was feeling quite smitten.
"Whoa! It's 9:30," he marveled, when the two of us finally took a pause in the conversation two and a half hours later. "I'm starving. I actually didn't eat dinner tonight."
"Me neither!" I replied, my own stomach growling.
Our coffee date then turned into a late dinner date, and it couldn't have been any more perfect.
We went to a nearby restaurant and asked the hostess when they closed for the evening.
"We actually close at 10, but we're always here for about an hour cleaning up anyway. Take a seat, and we'll serve you, no problem!" she smiled, leading us to a cozy booth.
How kind is that?
I ordered a Reuben, and Mr. First Date had a blue cheese burger. I only ate half since we were (once again) spending too much time talking.
The server boxed up my leftovers, and of course, I forgot them at the table.
You know, as I literally always do.
Mr. First Date then walked me to my car and gave me a hug.
It was a really wonderful evening, and I am happy to report that we have already had a second date a mere two days later (which was somehow even better than the first)!
Stay posted, bloggers! I think good things are to come!

This is so exciting! Can't wait to see (read) more about this new man!
ReplyDeleteAAHHHH! So exciting! I can't wait to hear more good things!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you, Jenna!! Those dates sound amazing! Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds incredibly promising - so excited for you love!!
ReplyDeletexx
Ohhhhhhhh! Jenna! I have a good feeling {and goosebumps} talking is the NUMBER one most important thing in any relationship. Oh, I cannot wait to hear more!! Sending lots of happy lovey vibes!
ReplyDeleteAww! That sounds like a perfect first date! And I LOVE Whole Foods, so I bet it's a fun date spot:) I cannot wait to hear how things progress! :)
ReplyDeleteahhhhhh so exciting Jenna!! First dates are so fun. :) I can't wait to hear the next update. xoxo
ReplyDeleteyes, yes, yes! so happy to read this!
ReplyDeleteand i completely agree with you ... Uggs are so ugly but really necessary in the winter.
looking forward to reading more about Mr. First Date ... i hope his name changes soon ;)
Ahhh, Jenna, this is just wonderful! Just reading this puts a huge smile on my face! I hope there will be many more dates to come, and that I'll hear all about them (or, what you'll want to tell me about ;) Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls