Monday, February 3, 2014

The most perfect ME Day!

Last Friday, I was supposed to make the drive up to Chicago to see my friend, Becca, perform in a community theatre production of Spring Awakening.

I hadn't been to Chicago in two years (which is insane!), and it had almost been two years since I had even seen Becca!

I was very much looking forward to my weekend in the Windy City.

Unfortunately, winter weather popped up on the weekend's forecast and after consulting both my parents and Becca, everyone agreed it was probably not such a wise idea for me to drive those five hours alone through potentially inclement weather.

I was disappointed but determined to still enjoy my day off of work.

So that next day, I had the most fantastic "me" day ever. It was my first time being off work with no certain purpose. You know, I wasn't traveling somewhere or off for some sort of event...I was just off. And it was crazy awesome.

At 9am, I woke up sans alarm. I took a long shower and chose a cute outfit for the day before heading to my favorite mall.

At the mall, I leisurely strolled through all of my favorite shops. I didn't rush myself at all, and I found some really neat things!

Anthropologie: Peacock plate and bowl (I love the look of mismatched dinnerware!)
Sephora: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (I would look like a monster without these two essentials)
The Gap: A sweater for Mum!
Francesca's Collections: Eeeep! Such fun jewelry finds! I have such a weakness for watch, and I couldn't pass up either of these!

There are STARS in the face of the left one! And there is an elephant on the face of the right one. Très awesome.
After all of that cardio, I had really built up an appetite so lunch became next on my agenda.

I enjoyed California and Spicy Tuna Rolls (the latter was  bit subpar) at a nearby sushi restaurant while I read Hyperbole and a Half.

Marvelous, marvelous.

As I was leaving the restaurant, I received a text from Mr. First Date asking me on a second date!

Result! Hurrah!

I then traveled onward to HomeGoods where I purchased a basket for storing my handbags and more clothes hangers. Boring but necessary.

When I arrived home, I got right to work sweeping and dusting my room. I also washed all of my bedding- very ambitious, I know.

I finished up my chores in perfect time to get ready for my second date. I chose to wear a classic gray dress and leggings with my favorite coral coat. I also took Newspaper Clutch out for the first time!

Mr. First Date picked me up for dinner at 5:30. He looked so handsome wearing a crisp button-up, and he even opened the car door for me.

Swoon city.

We went to a restaurant downtown where we ordered wine flights and, once again, talked so much that we forgot to even order dinner!

We then chose our own bottle of wine to take home and went to my place where we watched Modern Family (Mr. First Date confessed he had never seen the show, and it seemed necessary to change that immediately).

It was the most perfect day.

And to think it all began with some inclement weather in Chicago!

Sometimes, I am really quite keen on you, Mother Nature.

5 comments:

  1. I am smiling from ear to ear! Sounds like the most perfect day to me too!

    Mother Nature def. gets points this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE everything word on this blog post. How lovely a "me" day followed by a second date with mr. first date!? Girrrl. Modern family is the best show ever too!! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh! Smiling over here after reading about your date. maybe your guy has a twin brother who lives in NC??? jk. but really....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your day sound absolutely perfect!! Mr. First Date sounds so handsome and nice!! This awesome, Jenna. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfection, Jenna! Posts like this always make me happy :) I know I owe you an email (workin on it, I promise), and I can't WAIT to hear all about the mysterious Mr :)

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.