Sunday, December 29, 2013

The time I tried to find love at Sunday mass

This morning, I trudged through the cold rain towards 10:30 mass (expertly leaping over puddles and managing to keep my hair in perfect form thanks to my new Zara raincoat).

I made it to church just in time and slid into an empty pew towards the back.

Right before the opening song began, a handsome man sat down in my very pew!

Was this a sign from God? Had he chosen this exact pew because of me?

This was going to make for such a romantic love story.

Despite the December rain -it was freezing!- I decided to make the trek to morning mass. Why I chose a pew in the back as opposed to my normal one in the middle, we'll just never know...but I think it must have been kismet.

At my parish, everyone joins together to hold hands during the "Our Father" prayer.

The attractive stranger's hand was much bigger than mine and much warmer. I hoped he didn't think I was some sort of freak with cold hands.

When we shook hands during the sign of peace, I studied his face closely. He had a nice smile and kind eyes.

After mass, I may have taken my time buttoning up my jacket. I might have been hoping that the man would make some small talk with me, but he was sticking around to pray.

Imagine that.

I headed off to Starbucks to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte and then to the campus bookstore where I needed to purchase Microsoft Word for my new laptop.

Sadly, the bookstore turned out to be closed on Sundays during winter break.

As I walked back towards home, I couldn't believe my eyes- it was the man from church! Walking up ahead!

He was crazy far away, but I thought that just maybe my power walking skills (thanks to my 5'9" mother with legs that are a million miles long, I had to learn from a young age to walk quickly in order to keep up) would get me there in time.

I jogged across four lanes of traffic (okay, so that's a bit dramatic considering the road was perfectly clear) because this had to be a sign now! I mean, really...what were the chances?

Unfortunately, he walked past my street, and I wasn't feeling desperate enough to walk by my house on such a cold and wet morning.

And so ended yet another failed attempt at romance.

Oh well. At least I can still enjoy this divine PSL.

Happy Sunday! I hope it's a relaxing one!

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling you will cross paths with this man again! What a story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only agree with Meghan :) Don't give up on fate just yet :)

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.