Today was my last day at my medical writing job.
Because on Monday?
I will be starting my dream job!
These past few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind, and I feel so incredibly lucky.
Today though, I'd like to reflect on my last week at my very first "adult" job.
- My coworker, Kelli, sneakily arranged my Elf on the Shelf in various positions each night after I left the office. The highlight of the week was undoubtedly arriving to my desk to see all of the "animals of the department" throwing Neville a goodbye party, complete with party hats and cupcakes (which I ate).
- I received the most amazing cards and kind words from truly extraordinary people. I felt (and still feel) so loved!
- I ate my last free lunch (a perk of my former employer) today, and it consisted of lunch meat and cucumbers.
- My cousin over in the accounting department braved the snowstorm and bought me a red velvet cheesecake cupcake! What a guy.
- I got to hug so many coworkers who I've honestly wanted to hug for months (Does that sound creepy?). I feel like I've been through so many ups and downs with these people and endured innumerable stressful situations...it felt amazing to finally get to hug some of them! You know, as hugging is generally considered unprofessional and all.
- My last day was a strange one in that Cincinnati is in the middle of a snowstorm! Everyone ended up leaving between 12 and 2. I'm happy to report that I am home safe and sound now.
I will always feel so appreciative to my former employer.
My manager gave me a chance as a new college graduate with only a few months of editing experience to my name, and I learned so much along the way.
Even though medical writing was terribly scary at times (and made me feel totally lost more often than not), I am incredibly thankful for the experience and all of the new knowledge I've gained.
Not to mention the wonderful friends I made along the way.
Au revoir medical writing!
And hello marketing world!
CONGRATS ON THE DREAM JOB!!! I love the little party for Neville! I can't wait to hear about the new job!
ReplyDeleteOh yayyyyy! I am so happy for you!! I cannot wait to hear more. So exciting. How cute with your elf hahah! And yay for hugs too lol!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your dream job, Jenna! I'm happy for you! Your co-workers are so thoughtful!!
ReplyDeleteThis week I also got my dream job as a writer at a magazine! I'm so happy and excited. Feels like a dream. :-)
You left on A LOT more positive note than I did : ) Everyone kept saying we are going to miss you, and I would say yeah but I won't miss this job HAHA I'm so "careful about what I say"
ReplyDelete