Monday, December 9, 2013

A New Beginning

Last night, I set four different alarms. And then checked them all twice.

Because this morning?

I began my new job.

My dream job.

I was nervous, of course.

No one likes to be that awkward "new girl" who doesn't know where the restrooms are located (Although, does that even matter? As the new girl, you're also too worried that people will think you use the restroom too much so instead hold it for long periods of time) and is oozing with overeagerness.
via
My day really wasn't very awkward, though.

It was really quite incredible.

I wore my red rain boots for some added self confidence and a braid in my hair (to make me feel like myself).

My coworkers were all so welcoming and nice to me and no one treated me like a huge dork.

The girl training me is just amazing, and she made me feel comfortable asking any and all questions! Besides that, she is a blast to spend time with.

I loved going to work downtown and getting to glance out a window at any point of day and admire the city.

The bit of actual work I got to do today was interesting, enjoyable, and made me think.

I feel like one very, very lucky girl.

I am already looking forward to going back tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Where did you get a new job? Did I miss something?! Ew, I feel like an awful bloggy friend lol Anyway, congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on your new job! Glad that you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying it!! I'm curious what kind of work you are doing! I think it's great you found your dream job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream job? That's incredible! Congrats! I am super happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.