Kudos to my mum for making this day possible.
Even though my actual birthday isn't until Thursday, we were forced to celebrate today as I will be traipsing around New York City next weekend.
As usual, my family made me feel like the most special and loved girl in the world.
My grandma baked me a delicious cake (chocolate inside and vanilla frosting on the outside) complete with Harry Potter on top.
"Can I please have a Harry Potter cake?" I ask her each year.
She acts like this is normal.
That is unconditional love, if you were curious.
Of course, my family also spoiled me like crazy.
My older brother presented me with a Macy's gift card, two bottles of wine, and a fancy candy tray (because I am obviously wasting away and need the calories).
My grandma and grandpa bought me a new Longchamp bag in this beautiful hue of dark gray and a GORGEOUS pair of glitzy gold Tory Burch flats. Seriously. My grandparents rock.
My parents gave me the complete Little House on the Prairie series in a quaint boxed set (AMAZING!), an alarm clock that projects the time on the ceiling (total surprise and something I've been wanting since my last one went missing in a move), and then?
![]() |
| Here I am showing the original off two years ago (or maybe a decent nail painting job?). Regardless, this is weird. So...sorry about that. |
I absolutely loved that ring and almost never took it off.
Until a spring evening last April when while eating sushi, it felt too tight on my finger. I stupidly placed it in my purse, and I never saw it again.
I wanted to vomit. It made me sick that I had lost such an expensive ring and one that my parents had given me, no less!
The replacement Yurman ring today, the exact same kind as the one I lost, almost brought me to tears.
I stopped myself though because it seemed extremely materialistic and superficial to cry over a piece of jewelry.
Anyway.
I have a very great feeling about my 24th year.
I believe it is going to be my best yet! :)

Happy (almost) Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your family is incredible! Happy early birthday! Have the best time in NYC!
ReplyDelete